Based in western Wisconsin, I have sixteen years of professional writing experience. I am
not just a writer; I am a software expert, usability specialist and a graphic designer.
- Adobe InDesign, Quark Xpress (for newsletters and manuals)
- Adobe Illustrator (graphics and illustrations)
- Adobe Photoshop (photos, icons, buttons)
- RoboHelp (help systems for Windows-based software packages)
- Microsoft Visio (for flowcharts and screen designs)
- Microsoft Word (for documents and manuals)
- Adobe Acrobat (fill-in forms)
- Adobe Dreamweaver (websites)
- computer software design and documentation
- financial planning seminars
- non-profit and church promotion
- newsletter articles
- website content
- software manuals (ranging in size up to 600+ pages)
- installation instructions
- educational materials
- Ran usability tests to inform product design.
- Performed field research to gain insight into users’ daily tasks.
- Performed usability assessments of websites and products (includes detailed study of user interface design principles).
- software interfaces
- quick reference guides